Thread: My Dynomite 2 person game strategy

Default My Dynomite 2 person game strategy

This is the strategy I use in dynomite for 2 person games, especially for ladder competitions.

When you join the dynomite ladder at worldwinner, you'll find a ton of players who have top scores less than 70k. My experience suggests these players rarely score over 60k. If you can consistently score more than 60k you will win often and with minimal risk.

If you've watched existing video's for dynomite, the strategy to score big is to use bankshots far up one side of the screen to remove eggs that are off the screen. Eventually you may achieve a 'big drop' hopefully including 3 or more 2x multipliers. If you are able to accomplish this you will be rewarded with a big score probably > 100k. From my experience you will not achieve this more than 50% of the time tho and when you don't you'll score like 20k. Also sometimes you'll get the 'big drop' but you'll only get 2 2x multipliers and you might score only 50k or so. When you only have 1 shot to play a competition, this is a very risky strategy to employ!

So being really cheap and hating to lose money, I crafted a less ambitous strategy to score > 60k almost every time.

So what I do is use the bankshot technique, but don't play off the screen. If you don't play off the screen you'll know what color egg you need to make the next match so you'll use less time. You should also be able to get at least 2 2x multipliers in your 'big drop'. Choose the side you are banking off wisely at the beginning of the game! Once you get your first 'big drop' choose a side again and go for a second 'big drop'. Once you get the second, finish the level fast! And finally since you are playing on the screen you don't have to worry as much about the evil black eggs blocking your paths. I think those black eggs are the biggest obstacle to getting a 'big drop' when playing off the screen.

So pretty much if you can execute this strategy, your 2 'big drops' will score you about 20k each. And when you complete the level you'll get another 20k or so in time/shot bonus. So you are right at 60k. If you are lucky to get an extra 2x multiplier in the 'big drop' you'll score even better.

Here's a link to a video demonstration of the technique.
    YouTube - dynomite with 2 drops at worldwinner

Some additional tips:
    In the video, my starting setup wasn't ideal, so I cleared a few rows to lower the 2 2x multipliers down to make them easier to get. By doing this I almost wasn't able to get the 2nd 'big drop'. I was pretty lucky that for the 2nd drop I had a long line of blues to hit that would trigger the big drop. If I was greedy I probably could have left a 3rd 2x multiplier on the screen, but played it safe and cleared it to make the bankshot easier.

Sometimes the 2x multipliers will be in the center of the screen. You can work bank shots on both sides of the screen to make a diamond shape in the center with the 2x's and get a big drop that way.

Be really careful that when you go for the big drop that you won't accidentally hit one of the 2x's with your bank shot! If you do that your scoring potential goes down considerably.

Sometimes you might have to play off the screen a bit. Consider eliminating some lines at the bottom of the screen if that doesn't nuke a 2x multiplier & maybe you won't have to play off the screen.

The black eggs can still hose you if they block your path. Try and avoid having to deal with them by working the opposite side if possible. If you must deal with them be sure you won't nuke a 2x multiplier in clearing the black egg out of the way.

Hope this helps and any questions or constructive criticism is welcome!

don

I have played this game before and it's so much fun. Your strategy will help us a lot in order to improve our way of playing Dynomite. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

i have this game earlier, as you said it is not easy to score. But i will definetly try to play as shown in demonstration. hope it will help me play better. thanx.

How are people scoring 100000+ on dynomite on worldwinner?
    and golf soleitire with the scores they are getting must finish the game in under 2 seconds?
    and these are only when i play for cash.
    I emailed them was told they are just good players?
    If anybody has some insight---let me know

Are you looking at current golf solitaire scores or people's high scores? GS used to score differently, so some people's high scores on their profiles are higher than they would be under the new scoring.

People who score very high use the keyboard instead of their mouse. However, there seem to be folks periodically who are scoring so high as to be suspicious (like six or seven seconds, I think?).

As for dynomite, if you go to Youtube, you'll find videos of people showing how to "shoot blind" and break 100,000. Those scores are legit and doable once you have mastered the strategy.

There is a video on youtube and another thread on casghgamers that will give you an idea on how to score > 100,000 on dynomite. The scoring system has changed, so you won't score as high as in the video, but the strategy is the same. Clear a side of the board and use bankshots to remove balls that are not visible on the screen. Pray you get at least 3 of the 2x multipliers when you get the 'big drop' and you'll go > 100,000.

The challenge is that since you are playing off the screen you don't know what color egg to fire next. So you may have to cycle through the 5 colors until you get a match. This can take a lot of time. You also need to effectively dump eggs you don't need as well and make sure they don't block your bankshots. And finally the black/grey eggs can impede your path and you may cycle through all 5 colors and not get a match. Then you are kinda screwed, so you just have to change your bankshot angle and hope the new line works.

I don't much enjoy playing for the big score because it isn't that easy to pull off (for me at least) and sometimes when you do get the 'big drop' you'll only have a 4x multiplier and you won't score well. At any rate if you practice practice practice maybe you can be the next sleepyball............

Quote Originally Posted by Frankz View Post
    How are people scoring 100000+ on dynomite on worldwinner?
    and golf soleitire with the scores they are getting must finish the game in under 2 seconds?
    and these are only when i play for cash.
    I emailed them was told they are just good players?
    If anybody has some insight---let me know