Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to worldwinner

Default New to worldwinner

im sure this is a VERY common question....

is worldwinner legit? worth paying into? trustworthy with personal info?

like, can you get cash prizes for 2nd, 3rd, etc or do you HAVE to beat everyone? is it worth it? how does it work exactly?

(of course they say, if i do well enough "why not sign up", but they want my money, so of course theyre gonna say that)

anyone?

if theres a similar thread around, please point me to it!

This is just drawing from my personal experience and not a biased opinion whatsoever -- WorldWinner is totally legitimate and it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE to make a profit off the games. Yes, you CAN lose money...but that's why you can play the games for free and develop a certain level of proficiency before jumping into some cash games.

Is it worth paying into? You can actually play on WorldWinner 100% risk free! When you're comfortable with making a cash deposit, go ahead and make a $20 deposit -- you'll get a $20 game credits bonus, and you can withdraw your original $20 back. You can play solely with the $20 bonus and you'll get your original $20 back within a couple days.

WorldWinner never gives away your personal information without your permission prior, and the most information they'll need from you is some W-2 info if you win enough money to necessitate filling out a tax form.

There are different types of tournament formats....there are 5 player tournaments where the 1st place person wins, there are daily "open" tournaments in your skill level where the top 20 win a cash prize, there are 100 player tournaments where the top 10 win a certain prize, etc. There's usually something to satisfy everyone's fancy.

If I were you, I'd play on the site a little bit more and consider if playing the games for cash is something you'd actually want to do. There's nothing wrong with just playing the games "for fun" without the rewards (or consequences) of playing for money. Let me tell you though...winning money online feels awesome. BLING BLING COLLEGE TUITION PARTIALLY PAID FOR
    Jacob, aka Meikyousisui on King.com & Worldwinner.com

Yep, what Ikaruga said.

Just keep in mind that for tournaments, typically WW gets 25% of entry fees, and the prize pool is about 75% of entry fees. There are LOTS of people who are making money at WW, but the only way that they're MAKING money is off of people who are LOSING it. It really takes self-discipline and work (though for sure the funnest work you'll ever do) to be on the winning end of things. I would say that it's very hard to do it as a primary job (though there are a few who manage to), but that it's not hard -- given the proper combination of work and discipline -- to make enough to nicely supplement your income and give you a bit of mad money.

I wanted to reiterate the above and add my 2cents. I got into WW as something to do for study breaks during law school...and when class was exceptionally boring.

Before you sign up they give you a % of players that you would likely defeat. This is the only deceptive part of the gig. While this % is likely accurate, it does NOT mean players you would defeat if playing for money or reflect your chances of winning.

Personally, I lost my free $20 rather quickly. I was arrogant (for no reason) and actually sucked, comparably. After about a month or two of diligently wasting away my time playing the same game (spider solitaire) over and over and over... I developed skills adequate enough to be competitive and not relentlessly get my ass kicked.

Just keep in mind, a lot of these players are quite good (many of which frequently post on this forum), but have become so through lots of practice, experience. But, there are also a lot of players who were like me--lining up to give away money. Start out with a game you feel comfortable with; then, enjoy playing some of the cheaper games or ladder competition.

My real name on these gaming sites is Shagwana and I like to think I am one of the more prolific winners on these sites. World winner is ligit, been a customer of theres for many years and been able to profit from it a lot.

In the last 4 months I have withdrawn over 4,000 (uk pounds), if your serious about it then I can recommend a post I made on a blog of mine a while ago about how to acheive and succeed in skill gaming world!.
    My Blog!
    My ingame name is : Shagwana

another question i just thought of... if you use paypal, they cant get to your direct info thats in paypal, right? ive just heard alot about scams recently, but ive been on paypal long enough to trust them.

im just playing free games right now. ive thought about doing the putting money in and take it back out thing. but, i was thinking, would they realize what im doing & not allow me to do that? if i did, should i wait a few days before withdrawling it back?

i have a semester off from school, and work part time (so i do have income), but i have lots of free time too. i figured, if i could make money playing games, which i love to do anyways, why not!! but I have to get very good at the games first.

does anyone have any recommendations of which game types to start out on, if i do decide on using money? ive noticed some tournaments say "hard" on them, so clearly not those... lol. at least not for a long time.

another question... i saw this free $10 thing theyre doing.... but they want a credit card to redeem them giving me 10 dollars.... is this a scam?? can they give or sell my visa number to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Claiken View Post
    another question... i saw this free $10 thing theyre doing.... but they want a credit card to redeem them giving me 10 dollars.... is this a scam?? can they give or sell my visa number to anyone?
    No, it's not going to be a scam. WW is a reputable company. I would guess they're offering the free $10 as a way to entice users to provide a Credit Card number that would give WorldWinner another source of data to confirm who you are, i.e. Name and Address. It would seem that to WW, confirming who you are is worth $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Claiken View Post
    Sounds like WorldWinner is stepping things up with anti-fraud measures, and they're giving out a $10 incentive for people to use legit credit cards. Not a scam.
    Jacob, aka Meikyousisui on King.com & Worldwinner.com

do they still need a card for someone who uses paypal? i would feel much better just using paypal & then they have a source of funding, but without direct personal information. you know?