Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotya games

Default Gotya games

Well, tippgames didn't work out (not open to US players), so I'm moving on to try gotya.com. This thread will document that journey.

Deposited $5, got a $2.50 bonus, plus the original $5 they give you is still in there, so I get to play $12.50 for just $5, which was a nice touch. You have to make $30 in winnings to withdraw, and as I always do on a new site, I'll make a minimum withdrawal as soon as possible to test their responsiveness.

Game #1: Bejewel Action. Played 3 games and already have maxed out my ranking (2000) and have no regular duels open to me anymore. In fairness, I got super high back-to-back scores with some serious luck involved. But now that game may be pretty much dead for me after just 3 tries! Won $1.20 or so, then won $3.70 or so, then I think I actually lost the third game despite a 2M+ score. (You can't see your opponents scores until the tourney is over, but it shows me in 2nd place, which shocked me.) Can't wait to see what the 1st place person got and whether or not my rank goes down when I lose that tourney.

More to come!

Correction: I won the game I thought I lost. Turns out when you finish they hide everyone's scores and put them in a random order. I was listed as being 2nd of 3 but actually smoked everyone. Rank stays 2000 in that game after just 3 plays -- wow.

Hello msufan,

Thanks for joining Gotya.
    Yes that is true in the begin you can payout from $30, and after a while you are able to pay out from $10.
    We do this because of the bonuses.
    When you look below on the website you will see the last payouts, and then you will see also amounts under the $30.

About your Bejewel Action game, when the game ins't finished yet the players will be ordered on play date and not on score. In this case you joined the match as second player.
    And i noticed that you won this match, congratulations.

Your skill level will drop down when you score lower scores. Even when you keep winning. Winning or losing will not affect your skill level. It is all about your scores.

I am looking forward of your experience of this journey.
    Last edited by Vasco; 01-08-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    With kind regards,
    Vasco

Gotya.com - Register to win and get $5.00 free!
    Gotya.com is a website where you can earn cash prizes with your gaming skills by participating in tournaments/competitions. You can choose which games you wish to play against other players. The winner of the contest / tournament receives the cash prize.

WOW. Just played one game of "Bejewel" and posted what I think is the highest score ever recorded in a cash game on their site. Instantly snapped my ranking up to the 2000 max. Whoops. Played for like 1/2 an hour and eventually just started making moves in a hurry so my family and I could get to church. No idea how long that game would've lasted otherwise.

If that tourney wins, I'll have $32 in winnings and will test out a withdrawal for responsiveness.

Thanks to Vasco for posting in this thread -- fun to see people running sites actively engaging with customers on a forum like this!

I was super excited to see a tetris game on this site, so I registered and played a game...

First: Had to change my keyboard settings from azerty to qwerty to be able to use both clockwise and counter clockwise rotation.
    Second: had to get used to playing with C key for hold.
    These both could be solved with a simple custom settings-thingy.

Anyway, got used to it pretty quickly in my first game and topped out.

I figured: let's play a cash game... Played for 30 minutes getting 8m+ and just topping out on purpuse cause i had to leave. Ofcourse I won the game vs someone with a 0 score . So i won 8 cent in 30 minutes, good stuff.
    This game is going to get no traffic if you don't make it time based (score as many points in x minutes). Or a mode where you just have to clear 40 lines as fast as possible and best time wins.
    Edit: I only just saw the tetris sprint mode.

Also tried the minesweeper game. I only played a couple of games, couldn't figure out what the items did, so I just gave up. Make some short help files for the games please. Not being able to figure something out very quickly will deter (mostly the recreational) players from playing again on your site.
    I also think there is no way this game is beatable in the long run with the rake. (I might be missing something that would reduce the luck factor in this game)

Oh and than I tried the bejeweled blast game... I was watching something online and the bejeweled sound was extremely loud, so I had to turn the thing I was watching off. A mute ability should come with every single game ever.
    Last edited by haueb; 01-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.

A couple of questions that have arisen:

1. What is a cup tournament?

2. Can you enter the same duel (not a jackpot) more than once?

3. Are there rules written out for the games anywhere?

I don't really get how the money balance works on this site. It says i've deposited 3.25 and won 2.93. I've won 2 0.80 games for 0.80 profit, 1 0.20 game for 10cent profit and a 0.15 game for 8c profit. SO that makes for the 2.93 won, but where does this 3.25 deposited come from?
    How much do I have available? (I haven't deposited, I just got the 5 bonus) At one point I had a deposited balance of 5.05, no clue how are why.

Does anyone else lag quite a big in the Bejeweled Action game when you get a "good"?
    Last edited by haueb; 01-08-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haueb View Post
    I don't really get how the money balance works on this site. It says i've deposited 3.25 and won 2.93. I've won 2 0.80 games for 0.80 profit, 1 0.20 game for 10cent profit and a 0.15 game for 8c profit. SO that makes for the 2.93 won, but where does this 3.25 deposited come from?
    How much do I have available? (I haven't deposited, I just got the 5 bonus) At one point I had a deposited balance of 5.05, no clue how are why.

Does anyone else lag quite a big in the Bejeweled Action game when you get a "good"?
    You got a $5 bonus, spent $1.75, and have $3.25 left. The deposited and won amounts add up to make your total account balance.

I lag a ton on that too, yes.

I also THINK the cup games are just you starting a new dual.

I'm very certain cup games are starting a new duel that ends up the bottom of the tournament listings--which I definitely like because you can see how many people have entered, etc. But I can't find transaction listing page so that you can track the activity on your account. That total that shows what you "won" at the top of the page is just a total the prize amounts for your completed duels, but it doesn't include the unlimited entry jackpot games nor does is exclude the games you didn't win.

I image you'll be able to withdraw money without complication, although I don't know how secure this site is when it comes to cheating. And can people make more than one account? It's certainly a little rough around the edges. I think it's odd to offer a version of bejeweled that isn't timed, people could play that thing for days if they had the time. I really like Lock n Roll, but there is no clock on that game so people have all the time in the world to figure the game out--I've only managed 6k but the top score is like 48k...the maximum you could get for a single move would be 6,400 but the odds of that set-up ever working out are basically none (all the same color, all the same number throughout the whole board, plus you already have two unused joker) In any case, there is more luck involved with that game that skill because but still, a timer would make the playing ground a bit more fair.

Anyway, the site loads faster than skillville so I'm messing around with it for the time being.
    "GAME ON!"

@msufan
    Please look below for the answers on your questions:

1. What is a cup tournament?
    Cup tournaments are duel games, Duel tournaments might be a better word for it. On the bottom of the game page you also see Current duels. There you can join existing games.

2. Can you enter the same duel (not a jackpot) more than once?
    No, you only can enter multiple times to a jackpot.

3. Are there rules written out for the games anywhere?
    Not yet, we are currently writing them.

@haueb

Let my try to explain how the balances work.

Deposited
    When you receive a bonus or when you deposit money it will be added to this balance. You cannot withdraw this amount.

Won
    All money that you win will be added to the won balance. You can withdraw and play with this amount. When you click on this you will get a list of finished games (also your lost games).

In-game
    This is your money that is still in unfinished games. When you click on this you will get a list of unfinished games.

Example:
    Let we start with the free 5.00

Deposited: 5.00 - Won: 0.00 - In-game: 0.00 - Total: 5.00

You will start a game of 0.40. But we didn't found am opponent for you yet. This will change your balance to:

Deposited: 4.60 - Won: 0.00 - In-game: 0.40 - Total: 5.00
    Now we found an opponent for you and you did won the match. This will change your balance to:

Deposited: 4.60 - Won: 0.60 - In-game: 0.00 - Total: 5.20

You will start another game of 0.40. But we didn't found am opponent for you yet. This will change your balance to:

Deposited: 4.20 - Won: 0.60 - In-game: 0.40 - Total: 5.20

Now we found an opponent for you and you did won the match again. This will change your balance to:

Deposited: 4.20 - Won: 1.20 - In-game: 0.00 - Total: 5.40

When you play a match it will always be taken from your deposit first.

And i will write a notice to our game developers about the lag in bejewel action.
    Last edited by Vasco; 01-09-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    With kind regards,
    Vasco

Gotya.com - Register to win and get $5.00 free!
    Gotya.com is a website where you can earn cash prizes with your gaming skills by participating in tournaments/competitions. You can choose which games you wish to play against other players. The winner of the contest / tournament receives the cash prize.